1. Never both be angry at once.
2. Never yell at each other unless the house is on fire.
3. Yield to the wishes of the other as an exercise in self-discipline if you can’t think of a better reason.
4. If you have any criticism, make it lovingly.
5. If you have a choice between making yourself or your mate look good, choose your mate.
6. Never bring up a mistake of the past.
7. Neglect the whole world rather than each other.
8. Never let the day end without saying at least one kind or complimentary thing to your partner.
9. Never meet without an affectionate welcome.
10. Never let the sun go down on an argument unresolved.
11. When you do wrong, make sure you have talked it out and asked for forgiveness.
12. Remember, it takes two to make a quarrel. The one with the least sense is the one who will be most adamant about being right.