Denis Boyd M.A.
Registered Psychologist No. 00399
Denis works with couples and individuals. His areas of interest include marriage, grief and stress. He also counsels people who suffer from depression and anxiety symptoms, as well as those struggling with personal growth issues.
Denis is eclectic in his use of psychological approaches, which include Adlerian, cognitive/behavioural, systems, psychodynamic, brief solution focused, existential and emotionally focused therapies.
Denis is a populars speaker who presents talks and workshops on a variety of topics including marriage, grief, retirement, emotional maturity and family relationships. He has published a book titled, "Marriage Can Be Great!...no really."
Denis was a Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of British Columbia. He helped to start the first hospice program in B.C. in 1975.
Denis received his Master of Arts degree from the University of British Columbia in 1977 and works as a Registered Psychologist. He is a member of the B.C. College of Psychologists and the B.C. Psychological Association.Most importantly Denis has been married to Maureen for over thirty years and they have fours children.
- Post Holiday Blues
- Understanding Depression: The Good News
- Good Grievin’
- Anniversary Grief
- Siblings Without Rivalry?
- Emotionally Intelligent Parenting
- Team Parenting
- Fourfold Benefits of Daily Talktimes
- Can A Marriage Survive Infidelity?
- The Challenge of Being Single Again
- To Love is to Prune
- Wake up Guys!!
- The Listening Two Step
- Speak Up Ladies!!
- Forgiveness Is Healthy
- Camping Therapy Revisited
- Shame on Me
- The Basis of Self Worth??
- Golf Therapy
- Preparing for Post Holiday Blues
- Good Listening is Hard Work
- Self Love is Mis-directed
- In Marriage, the Connection Counts!
- Live the Moment Well
- Communicating With Teens
- Christmas Blues
- Questions that Arise When a Loved One Dies
- The Key to Marital Success
- Water Water Everywhere
- In Marriage It’s All About Balance
- Technology Divides
- Male Midlife Crisis? Is It a Myth?
- Marriage Can Be Miserable
- You Gotta Do the Work